Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Five Essene Tenets of Compassion

(By Gregg Braden)

If you
Acknowledge that there is a single source of all that “is” or may ever “be”; that every life event, without exception, is part of “The One”;
Trust in the process of life as it is shown to you, divine timing with no accidents;
Believe that each and every experience drawn to you, without exception, is your opportunity to demonstrate your mastery of Life;
Believe that your life mirrors your quest to know yourself in all ways, knowing your extremes to find your balance; and
Believe that your life essence is eternal and that your body may enjoy the same experiences of eternalness,
Then
How can you, at the same time, judge an event, choice or actions, of yourself or another, as right or wrong, good or bad, or anything other than an expression of “The One”?

In other words,

If You
Believe that your life is eternal;
Believe that your life mirrors your quest to know yourself;
Believe in the Divine Order and Divine Timing;
Believe that each experience masterfully drawn to you is an “Opportunity” to demonstrate mastery;
Trust in the process of life as it unfolds unto you; and
Acknowledge that there is a single source of all that is “The One”,
Then
How can you, at the same time, judge an event or see it as something other than “The One”.

Therefore,

If
You question or do not believe in the essence of even one of these statements,
Then
You have just defined your next step in your path towards balance and mastery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

POSTED BY GAZELLE RICHARDSON: Had heard of these Tenets before, but never saw them in written form, until now. Recently watched "The Isaiah Effect" video by Gregg Braden, a great video. It included the Essene 5 Tenets. Decided to look it up, and found them. There was also a very moving poem at the end; I am hoping I can find it also. "The Gift of the Blessing" is extremely helpful if you have people in your life that push your buttons, have done the unforgivable (or so you think). I have always tried to forgive other's regardless of what they have done. To hold onto that anger, hurt, or stress, effects you much more than the person that you are having the negative feelings towards. If you hang onto them for too long, it will make you sick. I am not sure why this works, but it does, and it is very simple and effective. A really good video worth taking the time to watch. Namaste, *Gazelle Richardson.

fcy said...

Dear Gazelle,
I apologise for having read your kind thoughts only some years later (i.e. now) after you had first penned them. I would normally receive any comments immediately via email but this seemed to have been missed out. I agree fully with you and in fact having been living by those principles for a long while now. I am glad to say that they have served me very well, as with you as well I am sure.
As for this moving poem you mentioned in your comments, can you kindly let me know which poem are you referring to, if you do see this reply? I would be very grateful.
Gregg Braden, has however quoted from Carlos Castaneda's "Lessons From Don Juan" in the same series, and it was something which I had remembered to this day. It illustrates the omnipresence of living consciousness that surrounds us at all times, but sometimes, we fail to recognise it because all we know is what we are conditioned to know. I would like to share this with you, if you have not already seen this:
A sudden gust of wind hit me that instant and made my eyes burn. I stared towards the area in question. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
“I can’t see a thing”, I said.
“You just felt it”, he replied.
“What? The wind?”.
“Not just the wind”, he said.
“It may seem to be wind to you, because wind is all you know”.
I wish you well. Namaste.