Saturday, July 04, 2009

Ciak Products

I have known Ciak as a brand for some time now and have always wanted to own a Ciak sketch book, notebook or journal. I have just bought a bright yellow CIAK (pronounced as "Chack") large (21cmx15cm) sketch book. And I have to say I am more than pleased to have made this purchase.

All Ciak products are handmade in Florence, Italy. Its covers, which come in a wide multitude of bright coloured choices, are made from smooth and soft Italian bonded water-resistant leather, thereby ensuring that it is firm but yet flexible. I prefer this texture to even the Moleskine line of notebooks.

A distintive feature of this product is its patented horizontal elastic band, whose major advantage is that I can securely fastened a pen to the sides of the notebook without fear of loss or damage. As for my preferred choice of pen is the fountain pen, and I am pleased to say that its 140 pages of permanently bound, plain ivory coloured paper is extremely friendly fountain pen ink.

I highly recommend this product to any individual who enjoys having a trusty and colourful sketching / writing companion to document all the sights and sounds of his journey through life.

P.S. Please check out my recommendation on Ciak Products at ThisNext by clicking on the link as stated in the following:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/5EA66ED2/1574DA8A/Ciak-Products

No comments: